This tinted reinforced sealer is specifically designed for decks made of porous wood like pine or meranti. This sealant does not crack or flake and creates a protective layer over the wood.
APPLICATION AND USES
- Sealant for wooden decks made of soft and porous wood.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Deep penetrates & nourishes the wood
- Forms a hard protective weatherproof surface
- Provides excellent UV-protection / water repellency
- Does not crack or flake
- Product Type: Wood Care
- Brand: Woodoc
- Size: 1L or 5L
- Colour: Rich Meranti
- Finish: Low Gloss
- Application: Exterior
- First coat: 10-12m²/litre
- Subsequent coats: 12-14m²/litre
- Three coats (average): 3.3m²/litre
- 1 x Woodoc Deck Sealer – Rich Meranti
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Ensure that the wood is clean, dry and smooth before application.
- New wood should be sanded until smooth.
- Remove all previous varnish or paint before application.
- Oiled wood or wood treated with Woodoc should be scrubbed with Steel Wool and mineral turpentine. The residue should then be wiped off with a clean, dry cloth.
- The deck dressing must be stirred well before and during application.
- Apply at least three coats with a good quality brush.
- Apply the first coat until the wood looks glossy even after ten minutes.
- Allow each coat to dry completely before the next coat is applied.
- Each coat takes approximately 48 hours to dry completely.
HANDLING AND STORAGE
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store in a clean and dry place out of direct sunlight and harsh weather conditions like frost.
- Do not store near sources of ignition.
MAINTENANCE AND CARE
- It is recommended to re-apply the deck dressing every 6 months or when the wood looks dry.
- Apply at least three coats as insufficient application will affect durability.
- Replace the lid on the container firmly after use to prevent hardening.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Product is non-toxic when dry.
- Product is flammable so keep away from ignition sources and extreme heat.
- Not safe for ingestion. Seek immediate medical attention if ingested. Do not induce vomiting.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes or skin.
WARNINGS AND LIMITATIONS
- Do not shake or dilute.
- Drying time can be influenced by the weather.